This post is one going to be a short one, but I’d like to announce the 30 Day ‘Challenge’ I am hosting with Jules (@casualandupclose). Jules created a wonderful idea wherein you complete one challenge every day to improve your mental health. They are simple things like ‘smile at a stranger on the street’ but hopefully they’ll make a big difference to your day.
With mental health in mind, we are not forcing this upon you. I just thought it would be nice or you to complete a few of the things. Maybe take a screenshot so that’s it a little reminder in your photo album! The whole aim of the series Mental Health March is to take away all the challenges and stress thrust upon us in modern day life.
If you don’t know what Mental Health March is, I’ll explain a little further:
The ‘M’ in March Means Mental Health. This month I am sharing with you a series of mental health related posts. There is such a stigma attached to mental health and we all need to realise how disrespectful it is to overlook this issue. In the UK, about 30% of young people have mental health problems. That is a huge number – approximately 1 in 3 people! So, for those of you suffering, I hope these posts gives you some help. And for the other 70%, I hope these posts remind you to be more aware of your own mental health. Caring for your mind is just as important as caring for your body. So please tag along in this journey as we all share our thoughts together. An overwhelming number of people wanted to help in this cause so I’ll also share their perspectives on mental health too!
How are you really feeling today? What’s on your mind?
Please check out Jules’ blog. She has done an amazing job at helping me think up these ideas and also created the calendar for Mental Health March! I would also recommend you look at her beautiful feed on Instagram.
See daily updates on this challenge via my Instagram page.
To take a look at what I’m reading – add me on Goodreads!